Thoughts, Rants, Raves, and Drama.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

It's a rainy day here in "The City Too Busy To Hate" today. Thanks to Hurricane Ivan, I'm going to be using an umbrella for a couple of days. Today is the type of day where you just crawl under the covers and read abook with a bowl of soup. Or take a nap. I'm just as worn out as the weather. Nothing that a couple of hours sleep can't cure. Maybe the sirens from the tornado watch will lull me to sleep.There is a part of me that likes the rain, especially if I'm depressed or defiant. If I'm depressed, walking in the rain is sort of soothing. It's like, over the course of a few minutes, that I'm totally oblivious to it.It's like being in your own zone and finding a bit of peace. In my defiant moments, I walk out into the storm, usually during the unfortunate times where I'm forced to take public transportation. I'm not known for my patience anyway, so I'm not going to wait until the rain stops. I walk right out into the rain, refusing to let the elements stop me from getting to my destination. That's normally, mind you. I don't think I'll be doing that today.

As I look at the radar of the metro Atlanta radio, the rain is getting moreand more intense. Parts of I-285 are at a stand still. We've got down powerlines in lots of areas around the city. The Pook stated that the televisionmeteorologists are telling everyone to go home if you can. It's turninginto total chaos. The bucket (slang term for "old car" for the ebonically illiterate) is going to actually BE a bucket because of the leaky roof. Thepower has been flickering on and off at work and home. Not a fit day outfor man or beast. Well, if all else fails, I can float home.